NHBC’s Roy Clark explains how the benefits of being NHBC registered will help builders of all sizes over the coming year(PIctured) From April, NHBC registered builders will have access to NHBC Techzone, the online hub for everything to do with NHBC Standards and Building Regulations
The previous 12 months has been a challenging and significant time for the industry and wider economy for a whole number of reasons.
However, one constant has been NHBC’s mission to ensure construction quality of the very highest standard in new homes across the UK and that this emphasis on quality remains unwavering – particularly during periods of increased activity and production.
Builders and developers who are registered with NHBC have always benefited from being able to use the NHBC brand in promoting their businesses, to offer Buildmark new home warranty and insurance to their customers, and have access to the very best technical expertise and advice.(Pictured) One constant during the past year has been NHBC's focus on ensuring construction quality of the highest standard
For 2017, NHBC will be offering an enhanced range of new and existing services, including online site management through the NHBC Portal, savings on tools and materials from TradePoint, discounted business insurances and tailored Construction Quality Reviews.
Being registered with NHBC helps builders to improve standards and reduce operational costs. This year, the new NHBC Standards 2017 sees the introduction of Chapter 6.11 “Render” and is now also freely available online.New year, new benefits
As part of the benefits package from April 1 2017, other features for NHBC registered builders will include:
• NHBC has negotiated enhanced discounts from TradePoint, providing NHBC registered builders the best available discounts on tools and materials. Conveniently located in nearly 300 stores, TradePoint gives registered builders negotiated pricing on more than 2,600 key lines.
• New 20% discount on business insurances, including public/products liability, employers’ liability and professional indemnity.
• Cost effective monthly Hometrack plans, to help builders understand the competition and local market drivers.
• Instant access to NHBC Techzone, the unique online hub for all matters relating to NHBC Standards and the Building Regulations for England and Wales.
• Construction Quality Reviews – a bespoke programme focusing on construction quality that will help the sector maintain and raise quality during a period of significant growth.
NHBC’s support to builders also extends to the technical and health & safety helplines which are available for registered builders to call for a range of advice on current housebuilding issues.
Additionally, to assist in selling homes, builders and developers have access to the NHBC Home User Guide which is available free for every new plot registered, the NHBC Promotional Toolkit and 24/7 access to the Conveyancing Portal.